Eglise Saint-Pierre de Beho
The imposing, square 26 metre-tall tower was built around the year 1100, while the nave was rebuilt in 1712. The coats of arms representing the salmon of Salm above the doorway were hammered and made almost indecipherable by the French revolutionaries at the and of the 18th century. The external gallery is supported by three beams adorned with grimacing faces. From the top of this gallery, relics brought back from the Crusades were presented to pilgrims. Inside, the Baroque oak furniture is the work of the sculptor Jean-Georges Scholtus of Bastogne. The pulpit is adorned with the figures of the four evangelists and its canopy is topped by a statuette of Saint Michael striking down a demon. The church was partly destroyed by fire in 1954. In 1955, architect Maurice Robert of Gouvy was commissioned to restore it, and is was all painted with a fine polychromy under the direction of the artist Louis-Marie Londot of Namur. Some of the graves in the cemetery surrounding the church date back to 1638.
Spoken languages : Français